Monday, October 6, 2008

All in 1 year...

It's amazing how lives can change so drastically in one year.  Exactly a year ago, I would have never thought that I would be where I am now, mentally, or that I would meet so many people that would influence me in such a positive manner.  Come to think about it, exactly a year ago I was practically living another life.  
Now that I look back, I realize how much I have grown as a person and I've learned where my boundaries lay and not to cross them.  Things and situations happen so fast sometimes that when you come to realize what you're doing, you've already been sucked in by the reasoning and motives that got you in the first place.  I don't regret anything that I have done, but I do regret the fact that the only way to learn in life is to live through the experiences; sometimes unpleasant ones.  So now as I sit back and write about how much my life has changed for me in one year, I can't help but let my imagination run and wonder about where I'll be a year from now.  The possibilities are endless and unimaginable.  No matter where this life takes me, or doesn't take me, all I hope to be is true to myself and those around me.  

Where will I be a year from now...?

1 comment:

Jon Beaupre said...

Hey Omar:

You can't really talk about how much you've changed and what the regret is you mentioned, without being more vulnerable and telling us a bit more specifically what that is all about. What happened or what did you do a year ago that caused these reflections? You are being 'coy' to hint at them and suggest that it was something serious and then not tell us what that was all about. You should have more cojones and tell the story.
JB